A leaking tap is one of the most annoying things any homeowner could have. It can cost one a lot of money in terms of water bills, not forgetting the damage it can cause to your home. Leaking taps can occur in any home, whether old or new and a lot of water is usually lost through them. It is recommended that any homeowner should fix this problem as soon as possible to prevent further wastages and damages.
Our experts at Easy Plumbing Solutions Sydney can save you all the trouble by fixing your leaking tap. We have the tools and expertise to fix the taps quickly and effectively.
Before venturing into the fixing of leaking taps, our team at Easy Solutions Plumbing Sydney wants you to understand the causes of any leaking taps. The following are some of the reasons why a tap would leak:
1. Bad O-ring: One of the problems that may cause tap leakage is a loose or worn-out O-ring. An O-ring is the small disc attached to the stem screw and it holds the faucet’s handle in place. If it is worn out, it will make the tap to drip near the handle.
2. Worn-out cartridge: The cartridge is also a possible cause of a leaking tap. If the cartridge is faulty it will have to be replaced but you have to find one that matches exactly so that you can swap.
3. Corroded Valve seat: If the leak is originating from the spout, the cause is most probably the valve seat that connects the faucet and the spout. The valve seat corrodes due to a buildup of water sediments, thus causing leakage. You can prevent the valve from corrosion by washing it of course with the help of an expert.
4. Worn-Out seals: Just like the valve seats, water sediments can corrode the outlet and inlet seals causing possible tap leakage.
5. Washer problems: Sometimes the friction between the washer and the valve seat causes the washer to wear out and this becomes a cause for leaking taps. In addition, if you use a washer that does not fit in properly or if you do not install it well, it will leak.
6. Water pressure: If you notice that the tap leaks only at certain times, or when you turn the handle in a certain way, the problem lies with the water pressure.
7. Loose parts: Overtime, the packing nuts and the adjusting ring in the stream screw may become loose causing water to leak at the tap handle. You either replace or tighten the packing nut to solve the problem.
8. Broken parts: Broken parts may cause the tap ton leak and at this point, you need to call a professional plumber to fix the problem for you.
Now that you know all the causes of a leaking tap, it is time you call professionals to fix the leaking taps. Here are some of the reasons why you should fix the leaking taps:
Saving on the water bill
Leak taps usually waste many gallons of water. Why spend so much money paying for water that went down the drain? Fix those leaking faucets and save your money.
The constant dripping water will form moisture in the house and with time, you will start to see molds on the floors, ceilings, and walls. In addition, the mold and dampness can cause serious health issues such as nasal stuffiness and sinus issues, skin, throat and eye irritation, and breathing issues like asthma.
Annoying sounds of constant drips
The constant dripping will eventually drive you nuts. Imagine the whole house is silent and as you try to sleep, all you can hear is the annoying sound of dripping water.
Saving the environment
Fixing leaking taps is conserving water thus saving the environment.
Fixing a leaking tap is cost effective
The cost of fixing a leaking tap is not expensive at all, especially with the Easy Solutions Plumbing Sydney. Imagine assuming a leaking tap and allowing molds to grow. Cleaning the mess is going to cost you a lot more than just the simple exercise of fixing the tap.
Now that you know the causes of a leaking tap and the benefits of fixing it, it is time to call an expert to do a perfect job for you. Easy Solutions Plumbing Sydney will make the process efficient and pain-free. Here are some of the reasons why you should choose our experts at Easy Solutions Plumbing Sydney: